Events & Education Manager Position Available
The Events and Education Manager oversees, coordinates and implements the Susan G. Komen Greater Fort Worth events and education program. The position is responsible for the oversight and management of Kick up Your Heels for the Cure, Komen Scholar Series, all third party events including Stock Show Goes Pink and assists with all aspects of the Race for the Cure Event, including sponsorship, logistics and promotion. The Events and Education Manager is also responsible for overseeing all elements of the community grants program, community outreach and education programs, supervision of mission program volunteers, and monitoring the community grants program outcomes and impact.
Urgent Drive for Results-Takes focused action to maximize impact.
Communications and Influence-Encourages open dialogue and effectively utilizes powers of persuasion.
Planning and Organizing-Prioritizes responsibilities to effectively execute strategy
Stewardship and Accountability-Ensures that resources are utilized to create the greatest impact.
Self-Management – Works independently and proactively takes ownership.
Adaptability and Flexibility – Responds well to changing demands and accepts challenging opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years paid event experience
- Experience in event planning, corporate sponsorship and grant management.
- Personable, detail oriented, organized, with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, email, internet and database systems.
Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed to meet organization’s needs