- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Our dynamic Speakers Bureau and Health Fair volunteers are specifically trained to represent Komen Greater Fort Worth at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests for speakers, health fairs, and educational materials; unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
Health Fair/Speaker Request Requirements:
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 20 for speaking requests.
- Donations are always appreciated to help offset the costs of the materials for these programs.
- It is not our policy to participate in events that charge a fee for non-profit participation.
Please note: until you submit the official request form and receive confirmation from our Volunteer Coordinator – your event will not be added to our volunteer opportunities calendar.
We are also always happy to provide a Komen speaker or representative for your health fairs and programs. If you would like to request Komen representation at an event, please fill out the request form here.